Unfortunately, we recently found out that the last season of “Game of Thrones” will air on April 2019 and that only 6 episodes will end this fantastic show.
While we wait for the season premiere, what could be better to recall what’s already been done. Check out some of the most interesting trivia we collect for you on the site Bored Panda. Be free to write in a comment below this post, what is your favorite.
- When Emilia Clarke first met her on-screen husband Jason Momoa, he screamed “WIFEY!”, ran across the hall, and rugby-tackled her to the floor.
- Peter Dinklage, who portrays Tyrion Lannister in the show, appears in more episodes than any other cast member. Dinklage is in a total of 61 out of 67 episodes.
- Kit Harington and Rose Lesie, cast members who play Jon Snow and Ygritte, were wed to each other on June 23, 2018 in Scotland. They fell in love while playing the dynamic couple on-screen and he popped the question in September of 2017.
- Gwendoline Christie, who plays Brienne of Tarth, said that the most grueling scene she ever filmed was the fight between her and The Hound. She spent 2 months training, 3-4 days a week with swordmaster C.C. Smiff, just to build up the required stamina for her fight scene.
- In the novels, Maester of Castle Black, Aemon Targaryen, is revealed to be completely blind, which is unsurprising as the character is over a hundred years old. So old, in fact, that many even forget that he was a Targaryen. The actor who plays this wise character, Peter Vaughan, was actually partially blind at the time of filming the show. Maester Aemon was also Vaughan’s last role.
- “Game of Thrones” definitely has many fans worldwide and it’s no surprise that Barack Obama is one of them. According to the actor who plays Davos Seaworth, Liam Cunningham, after season 5 aired, the former US president approached one of the directors and asked about Jon Snow’s fate. The showrunners also revealed that Obama once asked to see the first episodes of season 6 before everyone else, and they agreed.
- In sharp contrast to his turn as sadistic Joffrey, everyone on the show describes actor Jack Gleeson as a warm and friendly person. He is also good friends with Sophie Turner, who he often has to antagonize on-screen.
- Maisie Williams, who plays Arya Stark, says that when fans meet her, they often ask her to recite the list of names Arya always recites before sleeping (the names of all people who’d caused her or her loved ones harm) and to insert the fan’s name into the list.
- Daenerys had purple eyes in the books, but the contact lenses Emilia Clarke wore affected her performance so they were abandoned.
- In the year 2012, around 160 baby girls in the U.S. were legally named “Khaleesi”, after the character in the show, although it is not the character’s name, Daenerys, but a title that is an equivalent of ‘queen’ in Dothraki language.