The advantages of video poker are probably in the possibility to show the information a player needs in order to determine the house edge. Consequently, a player can derive his or her own strategy that can lead to success.
In order to be able to do your own calculations and assessments, you need to know the basics. Paradoxically, a player’s gut feeling is sometimes helpful. However, before going with your guts, get to know the basic rules and search for the bet safe casino.
The Advantages of Video Poker
- Video poker has one of the lowest house edges.
- House edge is clearly visible in the key information of the poker game.
- Playing Video Poker is a great way to be alone with your thoughts, if you are tired of hectic lifestyle and annoying people, similarly to slot machines
- Unlike slots machines, you have your say in video poker. You are free to choose which cards to save before drawing to your final hand.
Video poker requires a bit more involvement than slot machines. Luckily, the pay table provides very straightforward information that can help you plan your game. Logically, once you learn to read the pay table, you will be able to assess the return and volatility of the game. In other words, when you master this skill, you will possess the basics to attain higher amounts. Among the info displayed, you can find the details on all paying hands and how much the hand pays per credit bet.
Additionally, you should know that video poker is usually played with 52-card deck.
After you make a wager and press the “deal” button, the software will give you a random selection of cards from the deck. It is up to a player to accept some cards, as well as to discard others. He or she can replace the discarded cards with another random selection from the deck.
The selection of cards that a player holds is crucial, as eventually a player wins the amount in accordance with the value of his hand and the posted pay table.
One of the Most Used Strategies
One of the strategies that players most frequently use is “Jacks or Better Simple”. Players use it often because they expect the return of 99.46%. So, how does it work?
The most important thing is to make the right decision on which cards to retain and which to discard. You should note that “high cards” are Jacks and higher valued cards. In conclusion, the following are some of the possible variations a player can have after the dealing. These are the tips on what to do:
- Five low cards. Discard all five cards.
- One high card (Jack, Queen, King or Ace). Keep the high card and discard the other four cards.
- Two, unsuited, high cards. Keep the high cards and discard the other three cards.
- A 10 and a high card. Hold the 10 and the high card, in order to go for royal flush.
- Unsuited Jack, Queen and King. Discard the other two cards.
- Three-card straight flush without high cards or with one high card. Keep the three-card straight flush and discard the other two cards.
- Four-card straight. Hold the four-card straight and discard the other card.
- Two, suited, consecutive high cards. Keep the two high cards and discard the other three.
- Unsuited Jack, Queen, King and Ace. Keep the high cards and discard the other card.
- Three-card straight flush with 2 high cards. Keep the three-card straight flush and discard the other two cards.
- Suited 10, Jack and Queen. Discard the other two cards.
- Suited 9, Jack and Queen. Discard the other two cards.
- Unsuited 8, 9, 10 and Jack or 9, 10, Jack and Queen. Discard the remaining card.
- Low pair (10 and less). Discard the remaining three cards.
- Unsuited 10, Jack, Queen and King. Discard the remaining card.
- Four-card flush. Discard the remaining card.
- Three-card royal flush. Discard the remaining two cards.
- High pair (Jacks or better). Discard the remaining three cards.
- Two pairs. Discard the remaining card.
- Four-card straight flush. Discard the remaining card.
- Straight. Keep all cards.
- Three of a kind. Discard the remaining two cards.
- Flush. Keep all the cards.
Feel free to share your experience with video poker.